This is what Bailey told me today. Life is just not the same without papa. From the mouth of babes. Bailey got the Always there award today at school. One obvious reason, she is always there for anyone, she is a very sensitive child. She told her teacher after dad died, Mrs. Morrison do you know where my papa is? And she told her, He is always there, he is everywhere, and with us forever now. Good way to bring me to tears during the awards ceremony. She is right though, he is always here with us. Of course I would rather have him here. I miss him so much these days. I wish he was here to tell me a stupid joke. I have read the books on grieving and I think I am in denial, some days I know, some I just put it out of my mind. Some days I just move through the day kinda blank, not really depressed, just not thinking about. Other days I have weepy moments on and off. So i do have a treasure, no matter how sad it makes me sometimes. all those memories are my gift from dad. I have the gift of remembering how special he was, what my children meant to him, and what a great friend he was. I could have never asked for a better papa for my children.
When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure
1 Corinthians 13:7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
oh my gosh Wendy you gave me chills. I am in total denial. I just want to get in my bed and lay for days. this is the 1st time i read your blog. you know exactly what im going through... does it get easier? will this hurt in heart ever get better? I miss him. I want have him hold my hand, to run his hands threw my hair, i want him to get after me for getting after my kids i can hear him saying dont you yell at my babies... gosh what i would do to hear that again. my heart hurts i will do whatever it takes to keep him alive in our heart and mind. I just hope my angels dont forget. sorry for pouring it all out.
we are heading back to tx sunday i think... leos was sooo yummy!!! there wasnt even left overs!!!
how do i add you as a favorite bloggers like you have me help i have no idea what im doing here
Post a Comment