Friday, May 30, 2008

My gift to my children

This about dad. Afriend knows someone who will take some of his old clothes and make them into patchwork bears. Isn't that a great idea, i was tring to think of something for them. I know Samantha may not remember papa someday. This fact just tears me up inside. I figure it is my job to see she knows how special her papa was to all of us, and how much he loved her. The girls and I are making papa scrapebooks this summer, I need to get some more photos from my grandma when I am back in KC this summer.

It has been one month since dad passed away and it seems harder this week than 2 weeks ago. My friend whose dad died of lung cancer also, says it is still hard two years later. I think when mom gets down here in a couple weeks it might actually be harder, on me and the kids. It will be like a sad realization that it is just "NANA". Not nana and papa or mom and dad, just mom.


I think saying this prayer every night for awhile would be good for me.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time;Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.

So maybe I need to recite this. Also the girls keep asking about graves, I wonder how long i can avoid the creamation question. These are all questions I hoped to never have to face, well at least for a long time. I was 21 before I lost a grandparent. Thanks for letting me ramble everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the patchwork bears idea! I think that will be so special for the girls.