After noticing how much a certain nine year old was having the I WANTS! I decided after getting a reminder on budgets, that she needed one. From began the family discussion on what a want and a need is, and how to differentiate between the two.
It is never to early to learn how to budget, and what to save, am I right?
Part A: how can you earn income as a nine year old? Simple...Chores...Extra Chores...Birthdays and Christmas money.
Part B: How much for each of her five chores. Her Weekly allowance is $10.00, thus making each chore worth $2.00 each.
Chores:
Clean room
Vacuum room
Vacuum Living Room
Sweep and mop kitchen once a week
Empty trash cans in bathrooms
Part C: How to budget her money wisely. Using the 80/10/10 split
She can spend 80% of her money just to spend, 10% into savings, and 10% into her Essentials
( which could be the I NEED NEW SOCCER SOCKS when I really don't) Here is what Love and logic says about kids and money.
"Getting kids involved is the best way for kids to learn the values inherent in wise money management skills, such the difference between their needs and wants and how to delay gratification. This is also how kids can become exposed to the skills associated with money management such as saving money for a specific goal, budgeting their allowance and earnings and spending based on priorities. It truly is the ultimate gift."
So Wish us luck on the journey to raising a financially responsible child, in a non responsible financial society.
TTFN, as Tigger always said, Wendy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment